Historic Central School, located in downtown Grand Rapids, was built in 1895 in the Richardsonian Romanesque style of architecture. The three story building served as an elementary school from 1895 to 1972. A community effort restored the building in 1984 after its listing on the National Register of Historic Places in 1977. Central School has been managed by City of Grand Rapids, since its restoration, as a multi-tenant location for commerce, culture and community events. Central School is situated on a full block in the center of the downtown business district, bounded by US Hwy. 2 on the south, 5th St. N. on the north, 1st Ave. W. on the west and Pokegama Avenue N. on the east.
To inquire about available rental space and current lease rates, contact Rob Mattei, Director of Community Development, at: 218-326-7601.