Sunday, 11 April, 2021

420 N. Pokegama Ave

Grand Rapids, MN 55744

City Hall: 218-326-7600

The Grand Rapids Police Department provides services to our residents 24 hours a day, every day of the year.  Our police officers will continue to do so during the COVID19 Pandemic.  In an effort to reduce the transmission of the virus, the City Hall and Police Station are open by appointment only. Limited police administrative support personnel are on duty and some temporary changes have been made in our procedures. Our non-emergency telephone number is 218-326-3464.  Our e-mail address is police@cityofgrandrapidsmn.com.   As always, for emergencies, dial 9-1-1.


How do I?


Obtain a copy of a Traffic Accident Report

Please phone the police department between 8:00 AM and 4:30 PM M-F at (218) 326-3464. You will need to provide as much of the following information you have available at that time: Name of the person involved in the accident; date and approximate time of the accident, case file number if known, your e-mail address.  We will e-mail you a copy of the traffic accident report or police documentation.


Obtain a Permit to Purchase a Firearm

We ask that you complete the application form at home and mail it to the police station. Please download the permit application using the link below: 



You can also enter the term “Minnesota Uniform Firearm Application” in your internet search engine and it will take you to this form.

Alternatively, the application form is available in the entryway of city hall. You are free to stop by and pick one up but in order to reduce face-to-face contact, we ask that you complete the form at home and mail it to the police department.

  • Complete the form in its entirety
  • Sign the form
  • Include with your completed application a printed photograph or photocopy of the front of your Minnesota Driver’s License or Minnesota Identification Card, showing your name, address and date of birth.


Mail the completed application to:


Grand Rapids Police Department

420 North Pokegama Avenue

Grand Rapids, MN  55744


We will contact you once we have processed your application. If you have questions, or you have not been contacted within ten business days, please call us at (218) 326-3464.



Update P.O.R. Information

If you are required to update your P.O.R. information and are on supervised probation, you should contact your probation agent.  Do not come to the police station.

If you are not on supervised probation, you may update this information at the police station but must first phone the police station at (218) 326-3464 and make an appointment with an officer in the Investigation Division.