The Itasca Cemetery Association formed in March of 1896 and assumed the care of Itasca Cemetery. The original plat map
consisted of Divisions A, B, C, and D.
James McGlorick, Bishop of the Catholic Diocese of Duluth, MN, originally owned Calvary Cemetery. The plat map
for Calvary Cemetery also consisted of Divisions A, B, C, and D.
In April of 1961 Grand Rapids Township assumed the care of Itasca Cemetery. With need for expansion, the Township added Divisions E, F, and G
. Then, in 1975, Grand Rapids Township gained ownership of Calvary Cemetery. At this time the two cemeteries became known as Itasca Calvary Cemetery
The Orderly Annexation between the City of Grand Rapids and the Township of Grand Rapids resulted in the ownership of Itasca Calvary Cemetery transferring to The City of Grand Rapids in 2010.