Exam Proctoring Policy
The Grand Rapids Area Library supports the goal of lifelong learning. To that end, the Library provides exam-proctoring service on a case-by-case basis. We can usually meet all of the requirements for proctoring but we do have some limitations.
Note: Professional exams are subject to a $20.00 fee per exam.
Library will provide:
1. Staff member who is authorized to provide proctoring
(limited staffing prevents the library from monitoring the student during the test)
2. Space for test taking during open hours. However, there may not be a separate quiet area
3. The ability to complete most on-line exams
(we are unable to install special software on library computers)
4. The ability to mail or fax a completed exam
The student will:
1. Contact the library and make arrangements with Reference staff at least 24 hours in advance
2. Coordinate delivery / receipt of exam materials with school / library
3. Present photo ID at time of testing
4. Supply all materials needed, including paper, pencils and calculators.
5. Provide envelope and postage if needed
If it is determined that the proctoring request is unreasonable in its demands or too burdensome to administer, the Library reserves the right to deny this service.
Questions: Contact Reference staff at 218-326-7640 (option 3)